Nourish By Nature holds some information about you. This document outlines how that information is used, who we may share that information with and how we keep it secure. This notice does not provide exhaustive detail. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the email@example.com We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in April 2021
1. What We Do
Nourish By Nature provides Health Coaching services to clients to improve their health through diet and lifestyle interventions. We focus on preventative healthcare, the optimisation of physical and mental health and Health Coaching, which empowers you to make the lifestyle change that is needed to improve your health. Through Health Coaching consultations, dietary and lifestyle analysis and in working closely with you, we aim to understand the underlying causes of your health issues which we will seek to address through lifestyle and behaviour change in and around food.
We also provide group coaching, workshops and corporate events.
2. How We Obtain Your Personal Data
Information provided by you
You provide us with personal data in the following ways:
- By completing a health assessment
- By signing a term of engagement form for a health programme
- During a Health Coaching consultation
- Through email, over the telephone or online social media
- By taking credit card and online payment
This may include the following information:
- basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
- details of contact we have had with you such as referrals and appointment requests
- health information including your previous medical history, dietary, lifestyle, supplement and medicine details, biochemical test results, clinic notes and health improvement plans
- GP contact information
- Bank details
We use this information in order to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for a legitimate interest.
Following completion of your healthcare, we retain your personal data for the period defined by our professional association THE HEALTH COACHES ASSOCIATION and registrant body COMENSA. This enables us to process any complaint you may make. In this case the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for contract administration.
Information we may get from other sources
We may obtain sensitive medical information in the form of test results from biochemical testing companies. We use this information in order to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for a legitimate interest.
We may obtain sensitive information from other healthcare providers. The provision of this information is subject to you giving us your express consent. If we do not receive this consent from you, we will not be able to coordinate your healthcare with that provided by other providers which means the healthcare provided by us may be less effective.
3. How we use your personal data
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide direct healthcare. We also act as a controller and processor in regard to the processing of your data from third parties such as testing companies and other healthcare providers. We act as a data controller and processor in regard to the processing of credit card and online payments.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with our duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
We may use your personal data where there is an overriding public interest in using the information e.g. in order to safeguard an individual or to prevent a serious crime. Also where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order. We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
4. Do you share my information with other organisations?
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information to other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
- Our registrant body, COMENSA and our professional association, HCA, for the processing of a complaint made by you
- Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential eg supplement suppliers
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request (eg, COMENSA) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
We will seek your express consent before sharing your information with your GP or other healthcare providers. However, if we believe that your life is in danger then we may pass your information onto an appropriate authority (such as the police, social services in the case of a child or vulnerable adult, or GP in case of self-harm) using the legal basis of vital interests.
We may share your case history in an anonymous form with our peers for the purpose of professional development. This may be at clinical supervision meetings, conferences, online forums, and through publishing in medical journals, trade magazines or online professional sites. We will seek your explicit consent before processing your data in this way.
5. What are your rights?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you want to access your data you must make a subject access request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld. We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our response will include the details of the personal data we hold on you including:
- Sources from which we acquired the information
- The purposes of processing the information
- Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to:
- Have your information deleted
- Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate
- Ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law or in accordance with the HCA and COMENSA guidelines.
- Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
- Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to an automated decision based on your personal data.
If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please write to the Data Controller at Lynne@nourishbynature.co.za
6. What safeguards are in place to ensure data that identifies me is secure?
We only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
Within the health sector, we also have to follow the common law duty of confidence, which means that where identifiable information about you has been given in confidence, it should be treated as confidential and only shared for the purpose of providing direct healthcare. We will protect your information, inform you of how your information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your information can be shared.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, protect personal and confidential information held on equipment such as laptops with encryption (which masks data so that unauthorised users cannot see or make sense of it). We ensure external data processors that support us are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person is processed.
7. How long do you hold confidential information for?
All records held by Nourish By Nature will be kept for the duration specified by guidance from our professional association HCA
8. Website technical details
We do use electronic forms on our website making use of an available ‘forms module’ which has a number of built-in features to help ensure privacy. We also aim to use secure forms where appropriate.
Accept cookies: this is used to store whether you have agreed to receive cookies. Persistent for one year.
Google Analytics: these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us by writing to the Data Controller at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
Security: Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, The Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to the Company, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
Last Updated: April 2021